It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to projectrevolver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Twilight Princess "HD" Something To Play Edition
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:14 am 
Nameless

So lets talk about Twilight Princess 'HD" and people's reaction to it.

My first impression of it was reading other user comments on what they thought about it.
Some were excited, some were disappointed, and some straight up hated it like it had punched their newborn baby in the face.

Upon reading such comments as “It looks like the gamecube version..”, “It looks like dolphin in 2008” and “LOL the fan remake is better than this!”, I thought “Oh, did they get Super Smash Bros. For Wii U menu lazy?”, thinking about it I thought this was probably the case, and given the time frame, as it was probably something to fill the gap between the release of Zelda for the Wii U.

Then I watched the trailer, “ah, yes. I See… So this is a “LOL LOOKS LIKE A 64 GAME” when they have never seen a Nintendo 64 game then.”. It looked nowhere near like the gamecube version. It looked more like near the highest internal resolution on dolphin.

Sure, it doesn't look spectacular, but it doesn't look anywhere near as bad or disappointing as people have made it out to be.
Now, you could argue here that I am a blind fanboy and I'm defending Nintendo's laziness.
To put it in terms you will understand clever internet users who rule supreme, “Yeah, lol no”.

Although it is true I am defending, more likely justifying, their decision to an extent.. I am.
You have to understand the studio working behind this port have a limited budget and a time constraint.
Could they have made it look better if they wanted to? Of course they could, should they have taken the time do so? Of course they should have.

Here in lies the problem though, it could have been better. Much better.
Comments such as “disappointing” and “$30 or less” are justified and I agree.
Frankly I'm worried Amiibo support will ruin the atmosphere and “magic” of the game somehow.

My problem with our graceful minds of the internet are with comments such as this, “LOL even dolphin looks better” “lol, a simple emulator looks better than this” and “lol even fans can make better games”.

How dare you, how dare you use a piece of coding art in comparison with “even”, “LOL”, or “fans”.
Dolphin was the work of extremely clever hackers, reverse engineers and coders.
To belittle it and use it as the very bottom standard when comparing things proves that people have no idea what they are talking about.

People are also comparing the fan Twilight Princess HD project to the HD port wit comments such as “LOL, EVEN FANS CAN REMAKE TP THAN A PROFESSIONAL STUDIO”.
S.t.o.p.
“Looks almost as good as the tech demo!”
N.o. It looks better than the tech demo. You can't even insult somebody else' work properly. For shame.

“Fans” such as these are far and few between. This project uses a modified version of Dolphin to allow everything that is happening to happen. They are smarter than you.
And no, they are not remaking the game, they are modifying it. There is a difference.

Most of the time fan works are rubbish, take a look at Mario Maker, my levels included. Not as fun as any NSMB game.

Dolphin should be held as the highest standard, not the lowest. Used to complement newly created work, not to belittle newly created work with words such as “even”, “lol” and “simple emulator”.

To summarise what I am talking about, who am I defending and why?

- I am not blindly defending Nintendo.
- They should have put more time and resources into Twilight Princess HD.
- I am defending Dolphin from the mass stupidity of the internet.
- Go back and play Twilight Princess, feel stupid for not seeing what Twilight Princess HD improves.
- It is okay not like something and / or feel disappointed without insulting it.

I hoped you enjoyed my incoherent rant.
Remember to compare it to an award winning dissertation with the following sentence “Even this award winning dissertation is better than this, lol!”

Post subject: Re: Twilight Princess "HD" Something To Play Edition
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:16 pm 
Nameless

TwilightPoint wrote:
Dolphin should be held as the highest standard

Indeed it should. The amount of power to run TP under Dolphin at that internal resolution, with all other bells and whistles, is far more than this generation of consoles could hope to achieve.

And while my initial reaction to the quality of the HD project was not exactly positive, this screenshot alone changed my mind.

http://i.imgur.com/EVvN7pE.jpg

This is not just a simple change of resolution. This is, at the very least, reworking the textures and lighting. I feel most of the disappointment from folks is because they mistook the trailer's video quality as an indication of the quality of the project would be. They were streaming this, so quality already drops, and footage in motion reduces it further, whereas this screenshot is more motionless.

Post subject: Re: Twilight Princess "HD" Something To Play Edition
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 pm 
Nameless

I'll stick to my gamecube copy but yeah, its a filler title in some ways, in others it could be a nice touch up on the original.
I actually had more enjoyment with Twilight_Points levels then NSMBWiiU. Though that Luigi dlc in NSMB Wii U was spectacular and I enjoyed it alot.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]