It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to projectrevolver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How it works
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

How it works
It seems you've stumbled upon the quest guide. You're probably wondering things like "I wonder when I'm going to eat dinner" or perhaps "Is it true that an ostriches eye is bigger than it's brain?"

But this these threads are not for discussing such matters.

Let's answer the first question.

Q:What is a quest?

A: A quest is a group-oriented story. A person will come up with a concept which they will lay out for everyone. Then people will tell the author of the thread (Who is most certainly never a ***) what they want to happen next.

With me so far? If not, please reread the paragraph above this line.

The OP then picks whatever option he wants. Usually the most logical/correct option is chosen.

When the option is chosen, the OP will make another post with the option he chose. Repeat the past few paragraphs until the story is done.

Q: So it's like a roleplay?

A: Not exactly. The only person over control of the story is the author/OP. The readers will dictate what they want to happen next, the author will choose what he wants.

Q: So can anyone make a quest thread?

A: Eventually. As of now the option to make a quest thread is locked to everyone else.

Q:Why???

A:See below.

Q: Ok, got any tips?

A: Most certainly.

It is imperative that you think you story through. If you haven't come up with an ending and you just make it up as you go along, it will likely fall apart because you'll be struggling to think of what happens next.

That being said; they don't have to be set in stone. Things can and most likely will deviate from an intended path and you should must learn to accept that.

-Have a story with characters and an ending already made up.
-Think it out, refine it
-Have fun

Q: So, I have an idea and all the other stuff required, now what?

A: Here's how to go about setting it up.
-Give us an outline. Try to keep it rather basic.
-Identify a problem we have to overcome.

The rest is sort of up to you.

If you want you can draw pictures to go along with it.

Have fun.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]